Friday, May 21, 2010

Little things matter

Just this week we got a request from one of our users in the Spokane school district, Donna Brown:


It would really help me out if students somehow appeared in alphabetical order, especially on the reports. It seems they just appear in the order maybe that I added them to the system, but when I print a report for all of my students to do my progress reports from, it takes forever to search for the student that I am currently working on. Thanks, Donna 


Not wanting to bite off more than we could chew, here's where we started:


Donna,

That seems quite reasonable.  Which report are you specifically referring to?  Let me know and I'll see what we can do to alphabetize it.

~Ethan

She was quick to get back to us with a reply:

Progress summary is the one I use most often in this way---even when just wanting to print the report for one student, the drop down list just seems to have them listed in random order so that you have to search for the student there as well.
Thanks

Loud and clear!  We got the message, and now we've taken care of it.  The student progress summary report is now alphabetized, both when selecting which student to run it on, and when looking at multiple students within the report. Thanks for the suggestion Donna!

~Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment