Monday, September 21, 2009

Protecting you from Accidents

When we redesigned our online calendar this year for therapy, there were some things we added, and some we took away. One of the things we tried to do was make everything take "as few clicks as possible", in order to conserve your time and make your work as a therapist as efficient as we could. However, this approach has caused at least one of our users some trouble. In the case of deleting appointments off of the calendar, we were no longer forcing users to click through a "confirmation" before doing the delete because we didn't want to add the extra click if we didn't have to. The feedback is telling us now, though, that we did in fact have to. The following is from Cindy deMendoza (St. Louis Public Schools):


"Hello Mr. Vizitei,

I would like to thank Colin for such a nice orientation to the new version. He was at SLPS last week and suggested that I email you and let you know how much I really like AND NEED the warning box when I am about to delete an entry off my calendar day. The new red button just immediately zaps it off without asking me if I am sure, like it did last year. Today I finally did make the mistake of erroneously deleting a kid that I was trying to document on, the white page icon right next to the red x. oops. I hit wrong button. So, I thought I should go ahead and mention this, like Colin said to. 


Cindy deMendoza, OT, SLPS"


We realized that this was actually one of those "extra steps" that was HELPFUL rather than getting in the way, so we did as she asked and added the feature again. So now when you click on this:




You'll see this:




And you'll have the chance to change your mind before anything actually happens.

Thanks for the feedback, Cindy!

As for anyone else, if you have other ideas for how to improve our product, let us know! We'd love to hear from you. Just leave a comment below!

~Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment